Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 2- Social Media Importance

         Has anyone ever went to a sporting event. Now how much time was wasted on injury timeouts? I believe in people getting their money's worth. So how about new improvements to equipment for our beloved athletes. The scare for athletes in our time is concussions. For example every sport has had it's fair number of stars missing significant time because of concussions. Guys like Justin Morneau, Sidney Crosby and Desean Jackson. So how can we help keep fans satisfied? I say we create new helmets for every sport and then run tests on them.

      I believe in safety before anything because I love playing sports as well. So recently injuries have played roles in sports but, Arian Foster took it a bit further than necessary. He decided to let the world know through Twitter about how severe his injury was. Social media has progressed to points where athletes criticize whatever they feel is the right thing to do. I think the social media can help me promote new safety equipment because that's what our society is into right now. I can promote my ideas for new helmets or other important equipment players use.

     Soon after letting Twitter see my ideas. It will go out to a player who will likely want to see my idea or scientist. Once that occurs I either help with studies and then go meet the commissioners of the leagues because they must approve everything before they go to it. I am a big believer in promotion of products through social media because their are many brands on twitter like Nike, Adidas and other shoe brands. So here's a word of advice put any entrepreneurship idea on Twitter or Facebook and you soon could be flowing in a source of happiness.

5 comments:

  1. What sort of sports would you start with? The research for helmets i feel like has made serious progress in certain sports such as automotive racing whereas with stuff like football and hockey, the pads that they are wearing are very similar to the ones they wore years ago. I definitely think that there is room for improvement on the equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree with your idea even more! Nowadays players can't stay safe; we need better equipment and make enough for all the sports. This idea relates to my business too because in my business I will be working with high school players and as young athletes, you have to make sure they are being taken care of. Maybe we can work together if our businesses ever make it to the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea and completely agree that safety is the number one priority. To many athletes are getting injured. There has to be a solution to this problem. Good luck I think you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please make sure that you are keeping up with your week to week posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a fasinating idea! Many of outstanding and talented athletes didn't continue their sports career not only because of some objective reasons but also because of their lack of safety. They can no longer be safe. Maybe social media can't completely fix the problems but at least, it can find the way to improve the problems!

    ReplyDelete